In continued partnership with our transportation provider, First Student, we are delighted to announce the upcoming launch of a new initiative aimed at enhancing the overall experience for our students and families – the introduction of ParentView, a powerful tool that will allow you to see real-time tracking of our school buses. As part of this partnership, the service is available at no extra cost to you!
The app – which we will roll out in the coming weeks – will provide you with direct access to the status of your child’s bus. Whether deciding the best time to meet at the stop, or seeking detailed delay notifications, FirstView gives you the information you need to plan your day and stay connected.
Key Features of the ParentView App:
- Live Tracking: The FirstView map screen shows you the location and direction of your student’s bus, your student’s stop schedule for the current day, and timestamps for school arrivals and departures. You will be able to know when the bus arrives to or departs from school.
- Predictive Stop Arrival Times: Analyzing route and GPS data, it determines an estimated time of arrival to your stop provided on the FirstView map. While the app is designed to provide parents with a better guideline for bus location and estimated time of arrival, students should still be at their assigned bus stop 10 minutes before the estimated or scheduled arrival time.
- Custom Alerts and Messages: Set up push or email notifications that alert you when your student’s bus is a chosen distance or number of minutes away from your stop. Connect up to three additional email accounts (including your own) to receive email alerts. This is also a great feature for caregivers or grandparents!
- Secure and Easy Access: FirstView requires a password-protected account to set up the app. This way, only you can view your student’s stop! These codes are provided by your individual school.
View ParentView Flyer (English)
Ver el folleto ParentView (Espanol)
NOTE: The service only applies to buses to and from school. It is currently not offered for activity buses.
How to Get Started:
- Download the ParentView App: Go to firstviewapp.com or find FirstView in the App Store or Google Play. Follow the instructions to download the app to your smartphone.
- Set Up Your Profile: Open the app from your home screen and begin the registration process. You will need to know the following information:
- Select State/Province: Illinois
- Select District: Wheeling D21 D23
- Student ID or School Code: Your school will provide this code to you
- Follow a Stop: Once you have confirmed your account, login and select Profile to “Add a Student” with the information you receive from the district. Once you select “Done,” you will be able to see stop information in your Profile. The scheduled stop times will also appear on your FirstView map. You will be able to track multiple students’ stops.
- Set Notifications: Go to Settings and select “Notification Recipients” to add email notifications for up to three recipients, including yourself. From this screen, you will also be able to edit your profile or follow another student’s stop. Alerts and notifications from the district or the bus depot will appear under this section.
- Set Up Time and Distance Alerts: To set up alerts for when the bus is a certain distance or time away from the stop, go to Profile and select your student. You can set alerts for both AM and PM dispatch. These alerts are shown under Notifications in the menu. To receive push notifications, you must allow your mobile device to receive notifications from the FirstView app.
View Quick Start Guide – English
Ver la Guía de inicio rápido – Spanish
View ParentView FAQs – English
Ver las preguntas más frecuentes de ParentView – Spanish
TO NOTE: The app is currently only available in English, Spanish and French. While there are plans to introduce additional languages, there is no current timetable for that implementation.